SATURDAY'S

5.45 AM rosary procession from parish church to shrine (with Lighted candles)

LADEENGU, HIGH MASS, NOVENA : 6.00 AM   4.30 PM

SECOND SATURDAY'S

5.45 AM rosary procession from parish church to shrine (with Lighted candles)

LADEENGU, HIGH MASS, NOVENA : 6.00 AM   7.30 AM   4.30 PM

SUNDAY'S

LADEENGU, HIGH MASS, NOVENA : 5.30 PM

MIRACULOUS PICTURE

This miraculous picture of ‘Our Lady of Our Perpetual Help’ was first seen on the island of Crete. Its origins are not clearly known. It was then brought to Rome and was with a merchant for some years. One day Mother Mary appeared before a girl and instructed her to place it in a place between St. Mary Majos and St. John Herit. The picture was then placed in St Mathew’s Church on 27th march 1499 and blessed. Pilgrims flowed to the church for about three centuries. A war broke out in 1796 and St Mathew’s church was demolished completely. H.H Pious VII and later H.H Pious IX took care in rebuilding the church and in the year1855 a new church was constructed and the miraculous picture was consecrated there on 26 April 1856. The copy of the blessed picture of Our Lady of Perpetual Help was brought to Mattom by Fr Sebastian Vellanikkaran from Rome and it was placed in a carved rock on the hillock where the shrine is located and was blessed on 24th May 1938.